1. soccerdad

soccerdad Active Member 10 Years

I live in Vancouver and have been growing Bomarea Edulis in pots for a few years. I put the pots indoors over the winter. No doubt the plants would fare better in a regular garden spot if they could withstand the winters. Has anyone tried planting any Bomarea outside here?

2. pmurphy

pmurphy Contributor 10 Years

I bought a plant in 2014 and put it in a large pot with my Albizia Julibrissin where it climbed up about 6ft before flowering nicely. I then moved the pot but it came back last year (2015) and again climbed up the Albizia, however it did not come up in the same location, this time it was very near the edge of the pot. Unfortunately this year it did not come back and I think it was too close to the sides of the pot.

I would love to try again - either protected in the pot or moved into my greenhouse - but have not been able to find any plants. If you are interested in parting with any please let me know.

3. soccerdad

soccerdad Active Member 10 Years

I'm not sure if my pots each hold several small plants or just one huge one. I'll let me know what I can do at the end of the season.