Balcony gardeners club

Discussion in 'Small Space Gardening' started by stoneangel, Sep 15, 2007.

1. stoneangel

stoneangel Active Member VCBF Cherry Scout

Is anyone in vancouver interested in a club for balcony gardeners?

2. growing4it

growing4it Active Member 10 Years

what are you thinking of? is there there a group like this in Meetup.com? or other site?

3. Daniel Mosquin

Daniel Mosquin Paragon of Plants UBC Botanical Garden Forums Administrator Forums Moderator 10 Years

It's a good idea, considering the number of folks with balcony gardens around here.

4. stoneangel

Maybe when the strike is over we can find a space. I'm in the westend and notice there are a profusion of balcony gardens here. I guess the thing to do is talk to everyone we can think of who might be interested. I could possibly put out some flyers.

It would be nice to find out what people are growing. We could share pics and info. Possibly do a balcony crawl visiting members balconies. In the meantime I could start a thread on balconies.

5. mrsfaber211

mrsfaber211 Member

I'd definitely be interested in such a club! I'm always looking for ideas since our garden is confined to whatever pots and flower boxes we can get on our balcony.

6. growing4it

growing4it Active Member 10 Years

I've been living in my building for years and don't really talk to my neighbours. I do get lots of compliments about my balcony and courtyard garden. Right now I'm working up the courage to post invitations to the neighbours to maybe plant herbs and vegetables in the shared courtyard rather than pay a landscaper to install pansies and impatiens....

7. stoneangel

Great! I'm glad to see some interest. I'll do some investigating about places to meet. We might be able to meet at Barclay Manor in the Westend.

8. Artemis

Artemis Member

I'd certainly be interested even though I'm a rank amateur.