Arabian coffee

Discussion in 'Indoor and Greenhouse Plants' started by Fossil, Aug 24, 2012.

1. Fossil

Fossil Active Member 10 Years

I have had an Arabian coffee plant for about five years now. It seems very healthy, although it does tend to drop leaves on a regular basis. My problem is that it has never flowered, and I am wondering if there is something special I need to do to accomplish this? I did try putting it outdoors in summer but it didn't like that!

Also, how often should I repot it?

2. Junglekeeper

Junglekeeper Esteemed Contributor 10 Years

It could just be a matter of time. I have three trees of the same age that receive identical treatment. One started producing flowers in its fourth year while the other two appear to be doing the same in their seventh year. I've kept the trees in undersized containers in order to restrict their size.

3. pinenut

pinenut Active Member 10 Years

One of my second generation plants flowered and fruited for the first time this year, but I forget how old it is. Could be as much as ten years. As for repotting, I'm still waiting for Junglekeeper to come to the Yukon and help me with my 200 pound root ball/Chinese egg pot problem on the parent plant.
    Be patient. One of these days it'll surprise you with pretty little white flowers and bright red cherries.
    Cheers
    Carl