Apple tree help—upload pictures

Discussion in 'Fruit and Nut Trees' started by xxrainaxx, Jun 14, 2021.

Tags:
  1. xxrainaxx

xxrainaxx New Member

I purchased a semi dwarf gala apple tree about three weeks ago. Upon purchasing the tree it looked great no issues that I could see.. however the next couple of days upon having the tree the weather at night was 40° And during the day it was 80° & 3 days of lots of rain.. just really sporadic weather.. As this was happening I noticed that the leaves started to change I have attached some pictures for reference... I have also sprayed with organic neem oil Just Incase it was bugs or fungus related.. I also did not see any bugs when inspecting leaves. Now all of my apple tree leaves are curled and some are dry and crunchy around the edges.. I’m trying to fix the issue and any help would be greatly appreciated!! This is my first time working with an apple tree.. I also just purchased and planted another apple tree which was the Fuji apple tree as I read they grow better with another apple tree. They are both 6-7 feet tall. I also noticed it looked like when I purchased the tree there maybe was a small baby Apple the size of a fingernail growing but it looks like it did not take and turned into a dried out rock hard like bud..

Attached Files:

2. Daniel Mosquin

Daniel Mosquin Paragon of Plants UBC Botanical Garden Forums Administrator Forums Moderator 10 Years

Can you describe your planting method? I'm also noticing a fair bit of grass below the tree -- can you photograph the base of tree as well?

3. xxrainaxx

xxrainaxx New Member

We have a very green, thick, and well maintained grassy backyard.. I dug a big hole threw some peat moss in and planted the tree and back filled with the dirt. It had this issue about a 1-2 weeks before planting in ground yesterday.

I think it might be apple scab... it looks so bad 3 weeks with this new guy!

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2021