Alocasia Leaves are drooping + curling Help!

Discussion in 'Araceae' started by Won, Feb 25, 2021.

1. Won

Won New Member

Hi all, I hope everyone is safe and sound.

I need help on my Alocaisas.

I have noticed that their leaves are curling out, and became droopy overnight.
    It has been doing well for past month and suddenly it started to curl.
    I have watered last night and soil is quite soggy.

Can anyone help identify what is the problem?

Attached Files:

2. Tom Hulse

Tom Hulse Active Member 10 Years

Hello Won, welcome to the forum! Are these in Vancouver or Malaysia? Here northern climates we usually let our houses get much cooler at night this time of year, and this region has cloudy winters with much lower light. Those two things, lower light and cooler nights, combine to really bother Alocasia grown as houseplants here. They are often hovering right on the edge of dormancy this time of year at late winter. These two factors also make it very much easier to overwater. They amplify any overwatering problems. You can overcome them by keeping the plants a little warmer at night, giving them some extra supplemental lighting, and trying to be as perfect as you can at watering. If you can get it much warmer & brighter, then everything else becomes so much easier. :)

Won likes this.
  3. Won

Won New Member

Hi Tom,

I am currently located Malaysia.
    My place's temp and humidity usually persist of H: 50% +, T: 27~29 degrees celcious.
    I stick with the same watering schedule but for past few days, humidity level in the house was super high 70%+ so it might have still contain the water in the soil.

Thank you Tom and lets hope both can bounce back to health.