Aglaonema Troubles

Discussion in 'Indoor and Greenhouse Plants' started by sevarg, Oct 2, 2006.

1. sevarg

sevarg Member

Almost a month ago I purchased an Aglaonema, not from the best source but the plant looked really good and the price was right. Ever since I brought it home it has been losing leaves. The colour of the leaf begins to go pale and eventually turns brown and dies. See attached pictures. At first I thought it might be adjusting to it's new climate but I now think something wrong because it has not stopped. When I repotted it I noticed that it had quite a few tiny worms in the soil. Any ideas what could be wrong and if these skinny worm like insects are causing my problems? Thanks in advance.

Attached Files:

2. Nandan Kalbag

Nandan Kalbag Active Member

Looks like either it is watered exessively & needs bright light, but not direct afternoon sunlight.

3. James D.

James D. Active Member

It seems like it could be fungas gnat larva, or some type of grub. they are probably eating the fine rot hairs and causing you plant stress. i suggest letting it dry out a litle bit between waterings to try and kill the worms or make a solution or horticultural oil and water in a bucket and dunk the root ball, this will kill the insects in the soil and will notharm the plant.