AG color Green and pink

Discussion in 'Fruit and Vegetable Gardening' started by Joseph Goldstein, Aug 28, 2006.

1. Joseph Goldstein

Joseph Goldstein Member

Orginal seeds from howrd dill( sherwood & companion) ripened mostly green with some pink. I thought it was suppossed to be pink or orange only. Does the color disqualify it and why the green?
    Thank you

2. Daniel Mosquin

Daniel Mosquin Paragon of Plants UBC Botanical Garden Forums Administrator Forums Moderator 10 Years

Sorry, what is an AG?

3. Joseph Goldstein

Joseph Goldstein Member

sorry I used an abbreviation ag= atlantic giant (from howard dill)

4. Debra Dunaway

Debra Dunaway Active Member

Joseph, green fruit will be classified as a squash for competition purposes. In order to compete in the pumpkin category the fruit must be either yellow, salmon, or red, anything but green. If you really want to learn the fine art of this sport go to bigpumpkins.com and tell em BCDeb sent you. Howard Dill has some unbeleiveable fruit gowing this year but there are some East Coast growers threatening to break the 1450 mark as well..and quite possibly the world record. Good Luck..If you need any advice on AG growing and can't find the info on the net, feel free to email me! Best of Luck fellow curcubit lover....Deb :) PS: Also check out GPC site..Giant Pumpkin Commonwealth site....good description of rules there as well as bigpumpkins.com. If you want some seeds for some tested fruit email me.. Deb

5. Joseph Goldstein

Joseph Goldstein Member

thank you
    will do.