Affordable 4 Season Greenhouse

Discussion in 'Indoor and Greenhouse Plants' started by coloradogrower, Jan 26, 2010.

1. coloradogrower

coloradogrower Member

My wife and I have been searching forever for a greenhouse that we can use in the mountains of Colorado to grow vegetables year round. We finally found the Juliana Premium greenhouse. It's great EXCEPT it will cost us over $5,000 to purchase! (not in this lifetime!).

We continued our search and found the exact same greenhouse design including 10mm twin wall polycarbonate panels, wider doors, the steel base was included and the roof vents (4) came with auto openers. It has a 10 year unconditional warranty on the entire greenhouse and it has a dark green powder coated aluminum frame. Attached to the base are vertical members that will inset into concrete footers which we like as it gets quite windy where we are. Amazingly it is only $2,035.00 Delivered.

The only catch seems to be the delivery time which is the first week of March due to so many back orders. Well, if we can save about $3,000 we're willing to wait! Anyway, we don't want to start growing until March anyway. If anyone would like their web address, just let us know. We checked the prices of raw materials used in the Juliana and it only comes up to around $1,400, so someone is making a lot of money at our expense. It's just absurd that they are selling that greenhouse for over $5,000.

Anyway, just thought we'd share our experience. We're looking forward to our greenhouse and will post pics as soon as it arrives.

2. Blake09

Blake09 Active Member

Thanks for sharing. Could you post the URL? :)

Here is my homade greenhouse. When I move I would like to get a nice greenhouse at a chep price (like the one you are getting). I think it is 12ft wide, 14ft long, and 7 ft high.

And...Welcome to UBC!!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 27, 2010
  3. coloradogrower

coloradogrower Member

At risk of people thinking I'm promoting their greenhouses (which I'm not) the URL is http://northamericangreenhouses.com. They don't sell online but you can contact them via email for details.

4. thanrose

thanrose Active Member 10 Years

Nah, I'm pretty sure that use is okay. I sometimes link to commercial sites for reasons of identification. It's just easier to compare product if we can see what we are discussing.

I've made the occasional greenhouse with heavy gauge plastic sheeting over bent PVC before, but like to see what others are using in their climates.

I've seen interesting greenhouses made from recycled windows and glass doors. Very pretty, relatively heavy, can be easy to vent, but not necessarily easy to clean.

5. Bluewing

Bluewing Well-Known Member

Love your homeade greenhouse Blake! It looks nice and roomy, big enough to grow lots of things. I would love to have one similar someday, but not at this house, not really enough sun in the backyard.

Anyway, good job!

6. Blake09

Blake09 Active Member

Thanks for the link!! :)

Yes its verry nice, it just needs a heater and a fan and it will be perfect. Altho that wont happen because I cant run power down there, unless I get solar panels. ;)