Adding humidity to indoor grow

Discussion in 'Indoor and Greenhouse Plants' started by Greenthumb123, Jan 25, 2020.

1. Greenthumb123

Greenthumb123 New Member

Hi there. I am looking to add humidity to my indoor grow room via atomizing water misters, to dial in vapour pressure deficit during the light on period for my plants. I see there are many fogging units available online, but I wish to build my system with high pressure atomizing misting nozzles in conjunction with a high pressure pump. I have four separate Grow rooms, which are approximately 350 square feet each. I already own the misting nozzles, the plumbing fittings, and the high pressure pump which I did not use from a previous project, and would like to utilize those. I could also create the system to work in all four rooms running off of one pump. Using these Misting nozzels and pump would be the simplest system as well as the most cost-effective for me, rather than buying four large and expensive fogging units. Each room would have a digital humidistat, which is only activated during lights on. When the humidistat calls for humidity, a solenoid valve would open, releasing a pressurized water spray through the atomizing misters. I have read a lot of information on the internet saying that direct Water contact on flowers during most stages of flowering, can present multiple problems suck as mold ect. I am writing this post to see if anybody has some good ideas on using this type of a system to add humidity into the room automaticly, but where exactly to place the misters so that they're not spraying directly on the plants. Does anybody have any experience with this? I thought perhaps installing the misters on the floor that could spray in an upward motion with air circulation on the floor to quickly disperse and evaporate the water molecules? Obviously I don't want to install such a system if it's going to create problems, but also realizing that the next step to dialling in these rooms is to master my vapour pressure deficit. These rooms have lower than desired humidity during lights on, (55%) due to the air conditioner sucking the moisture out of the air. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

2. Sulev

Sulev Contributor

Why you just do not turn off the air conditioner first?

3. Greenthumb123

Greenthumb123 New Member

Because the air conditioner needs to run when the lights are on to keep the room cool. I'm running about 16 high intensity discharge lamps in each room

4. vitog

vitog Contributor 10 Years

Are you cooling the rooms to temperatures below outdoor ambient? If not, blowing outside air in might provide adequate cooling and some moisture, especially if you're located on the west coast.