Acer palmatum 'Yasemin'

Discussion in 'Acer palmatum cultivars (photos)' started by Acerholic, Aug 20, 2020.

1. Acerholic

Acerholic Paragon of Plants Forums Moderator VCBF Cherry Scout Maple Society

This is the first posting of my Acer palmatum 'Yasemin '. I thought I would allow the tree to develop a bit first.
    Photo taken this morning 20th August 2020. Kept in a lot of shade in its first year with me and in a pot, it is still a very young tree, but it is developing very well.
    I think it's going to be a very strong cultivar. Time will tell.

Attached Files:

2. Acerholic

27th August 2020 the winds have died down at last. Some suffered more than others.
    Summer greens or very nearly Autumn, Yasemin is one of the last to turn in my garden.
    I will, update this one regularly as promised.

Attached Files:

3. Acerholic

6th September 2020 and there has been a lot of talk on the maples forum about the strange colours this year. Yes they are strange, but enjoyable to see none the less.
    From a sunny warm day in August to a chilly day with dew on the leaves of my Yasemin this morning. I really do love this green on this cultivar.

Attached Files:

4. Acerholic

15th September 2020 and half way through the month already, but it is hot again, 30°C yesterday and expected hotter today.
    But as is so often at this time of the year, the morning dew is here again, making trees look pretty.
    The deeper reds on my Yasemin are brought out even more now with the moisture.

Attached Files:

5. Acerholic

9th October 2020 and Yasmin is just amazing IMO. I would reccomend it for any garden.

Attached Files:

6. Acerholic

17th October 2020 and a close up of a very pretty leaf on my Yasemin. Not all about vivid colours IMO.

Attached Files:

7. Acerholic

5th April 2021 and a cloudy start to the day thank goodness, as these lovely tender leaves will not enjoy the hard frosts that are forecast this week. But they have to cope.
    Yasemin 181.JPG .

8. LoverOfMaples

LoverOfMaples Generous Contributor Maple Society

'Yasmin' today

Attached Files:

Acerholic likes this.
  9. Acerholic

That's just reminded me to take a photo of mine in the morning to update the thread. I've just seen the leaves in the dark whilst spraying.

Your having a really good maple day D.

10. Acerholic

26th April 2021 and I promised last night after talking to D @LoverOfMaples about his Yasemin, that I would take a photo this morning of mine. So here it is.
    Yasemin 203.JPG

LoverOfMaples likes this.
  11. Acerholic

6th May 2021 and now the deep dark leaves of my Yasemin come to the fore.
    Yasemin 218.JPG

12. Acerholic

8th July 2021 and a couple of months on from my last posting shows my Yasemin doing quite well. The colours in the rain are rather nice IMO.
    Yasemin 296.JPG

13. Acerholic

21st July 2021 and my Yasemin loved the overnight dew. I enjoyed looking at the effects also.
    Yasemin 306.JPG

D97x7 likes this.
  14. Acerholic

24th April 2022 and one of my favourites is getting started. There isn't a season that doesn't give interest for this cultivar.
    Yasemin April 24th 2022.JPG

Xi-feng and D97x7 like this.
  15. Acerholic

10th May 2022 and now my Yasemin is looking as it should. Next to the green maples it does stand out.
    Yasemin May 10th 2022.JPG

16. Acerholic

16th May 2022 and some well received rain on my Yasemin overnight.
    Yasemin 16th May 2022.JPG

17. Acerholic

29th May 2022 and after a request on PM, here is my Yasemin a few minutes ago.
    Yasemin May 20th 2022.JPG