Acer palmatum 'White peaches'

Discussion in 'Acer palmatum cultivars (photos)' started by Acerholic, Jul 20, 2020.

1. Acerholic

Acerholic Paragon of Plants Forums Moderator VCBF Cherry Scout Maple Society

This is my Acer palmatum 'White peaches '. Photo taken on the 20th July 2020.
    It is handling the sun fairly well for this cultivar, but has some signs of wind damage. It receives morning sun until 12 noon only.
    I'm showing the leaves atm and will follow up with more photos later.

Attached Files:

zfrittz and LoverOfMaples like this.
  2. LoverOfMaples

LoverOfMaples Generous Contributor Maple Society

I will be receiving this one in September.

3. Acerholic

4. Acerholic

7th August 2020, rain through the night thankfully, as it's going to be the hottest day this year in the UK. I will post my maples during and after this heatwave.
    Another I did not expect it to do so well this season with the heat and drying strong winds. Now for the really hot stuff !!

Attached Files:

zfrittz and LoverOfMaples like this.
  5. Acerholic

15th August 2020, lots of rain at last, the leaves have freshend up so quickly. My misting I carry out in the evenings in hot weather was of no use this year when temperatures were in the mid 30 C 's for many many days. It just evaporated so quickly.
    For a reticulated variety this cultivar does rather well in the heat, it is really enjoying the rain and temperature drop atm though.

Attached Files:

zfrittz likes this.
  6. Acerholic

27th August 2020 the winds have died down at last. Some suffered more than others.
    The greens of my White Peaches is more like Spring colours, but yes it is nearly September!!!

Attached Files:

zfrittz likes this.
  7. Acerholic

1st September 2020 and the very first Autumn dew arrives after a rather cold night.
    My White Peaches with the early dew on the new growth. How can anybody not love maples.

Attached Files:

zfrittz likes this.
  8. LoverOfMaples

That's lovely D!

9. Acerholic

@LoverOfMaples good afternoon D 'thank you'. The dew was so nice to see this morning and my White Peaches was just waiting for a photo, lol.

LoverOfMaples likes this.
  10. Acerholic

7th September 2020 and in Southern England it is getting warmer once again. So surprised to see my maples with such dry leaves this morning. But this year is so very different for so many reasons!!?
    The whites are quite prominent on my White Peaches now. An enjoyable maple in any garden, but do give it some protection.

Attached Files:

zfrittz likes this.
  11. Acerholic

10th October 2020 and my White Peaches has that look of a coat of frosting over the leaves. Very pleasing IMO.

Attached Files:

zfrittz likes this.
  12. Acerholic

15th October 2020 and my White Peaches is turning yellow fast. Will it have full yellows this year before dropping it's leaves. Time will tell.

Attached Files:

13. Acerholic

19th March 2021 and my White Peaches that is protected by a high hedge in my garden, is now starting to develop.
    White peaches 705.JPG

14. Acerholic

29th March 2021 and I've posted this for reference, as it was discussed a few days ago on another thread, regarding the difference between Peaches and cream. Over the coming days the difference will be quite noticeable.
    White peaches 714.JPG

15. Acerholic

29th May 2021 and my White Peaches is now in full leaf. Definatly very slow this year, but it might mean a later Autumn show.
    White Peaches 244.JPG

Xi-feng and D97x7 like this.
  16. Acerholic

17th June 2021 and my White Peaches is pushing out a lot of new growth now and that's wth a few days of very high temperatures reaching nearly 30°C.
    White peaches 270.JPG

LoverOfMaples and D97x7 like this.
  17. LoverOfMaples

First post of 'White Peaches' in mostly shade.

Attached Files:

D97x7 and Acerholic like this.
  18. Acerholic

You have yours in more shade than me D and what a difference, 'absolutely beautiful'.

19. LoverOfMaples

thanks D

20. Acerholic

5th July 2022 and my White peaches that I really love, is getting some leaves.
    White peaches April 2022.JPG

21. Acerholic

18th May 2022 and here you can see why this cultivar got it's name.
    White Peaches 18th May 2022.JPG

D97x7 likes this.