Acer palmatum 'Red Pygmy'

Discussion in 'Acer palmatum cultivars (photos)' started by Elmore, Jan 29, 2004.

1. Acerholic

Acerholic Esteemed Contributor Forums Moderator VCBF Cherry Scout Maple Society

An update on the colours of my Red Pygmy, as I was asked today 16th July 2020 about the changes to more green in my maples.
    I'm loving this one atm, I think tbh it possibly beats the Spring colours.!!!!?

Attached Files:

2. Acerholic

Today 27th July 2020, continuing the photo diary of this lovely tree as requested. Getting better IMO.

Attached Files:

3. Acerholic

Day three of extreme heat 36° C, the regular updates as promised. Today expected to be hotter.

Attached Files:

4. Acerholic

17th August 2020, now three days of heavy rain and my trees are picking up at last.
    I just love the way the rain drops fall from the leaves of my Red Pygmy.
    It is a very happy tree today in my garden.

Attached Files:

5. Acerholic

25th August 2020, the calm before storm Francis arrives. Ultra close up today to show this leaf at it's best IMO.

Attached Files:

6. Acerholic

5th September 2020 and the diary continues, each day has a new colour on the leaves now. And tbh some rather strange colours this year.
    I love this cultivar, it never ceases to amaze me.

Attached Files:

7. Acerholic

10th September 2020 and my maples are now racing into Autumnal colours. So warm and sunny at the moment, it does seem a bit strange though.
    Now my Red Pygmy threw this out today, so to show what a lovely cultivar this is, I thought I would add it here.

Attached Files:

8. Acerholic

13th September 2020 and the sun is shining and it is getting warmer and warmer once again. So I hope my photo conveys this lovely near Autumn day.
    This cultivar is amazing IMO.

Attached Files:

9. Acerholic

11th October 2020 and I thought I would show the striking difference in the transition of my Red Pygmy.

Attached Files: