Acer palmatum 'Red Feather'

Discussion in 'Acer palmatum cultivars (photos)' started by mendocinomaples, Aug 15, 2005.

1. Acerholic

Acerholic Paragon of Plants Forums Moderator VCBF Cherry Scout Maple Society

5th September 2020 and the diary continues, each day has a new colour on the leaves now. And tbh some rather strange colours this year.
    From early dew to a bright warm morning today, so much to look at. Took me a while to move onto my next photo from my Red feather, lol.

Attached Files:

2. Acerholic

12th September 2020 and believe it or not, new growth is everywhere in my garden together with Autumn colours emerging. Temperatures of 31°C expected in a couple of days.
    So many wanting to buy this one, hence my continued photos. If you do, then be patient, as it is will only give you those lovely colours at certain times of the day as it is so very delicate in appearance; you more often than not see straight through it.

Attached Files:

3. Acerholic

23rd September 2020 and the first full day of Autumn. We have lots of rain so the dissectums come into their own IMO. Red Feather is so difficult to photograph, this is why I am pleased with this one this morning.

Attached Files:

4. Acerholic

October 6th 2020 and very wet, but with early morning sunshine it is making my maples look rather pretty IMO. My Red feather even though it is often difficult to photograph is producing some nice shades now.

Attached Files:

5. Acerholic

27th October 2020 and even with rain the sun shining on my Red Feather made it look very pretty this morning.

Attached Files:

6. Acerholic

19th March 2021 and one of tbe most delicate of dissectums Red feather is getting ready in tne warm afternoon sun. I have everything crossed that no frost comes tonight.
    Red Feather 705.JPG

7. Acerholic

1st April 2021 and now those oh so delicate leaves start to emerge. This is a very difficult maple to photograph IMO, as everything about it is the epitome of fine lace and my camera struggles to capture how beautiful it is.
    Red feathers 716.JPG

8. Acerholic

6th April 2021 and I covered my Red Feather overnight with fleece due to a hard frost coming.
    Red Feather 180.JPG
    And here it is an hour later after the fleece was removed. It still got caught. Such a delicate cultivar!!
    Red Feather 181.JPG
    It is in tbe griund as most of my trees are, but if anyone is considering buying this one then a pit that can be brought inside during very cold Spring nights is the way forward IMO.

9. Acerholic

9th May 2021 and it was worth all the protection I gave my Red Feather. This morning is was looking like this.
    Red Feather 221.JPG

10. Acerholic

24th May 2021 and my Red Feather was looking very nice this morning IMO after the heavy overnight rain.
    Red Feather 237.JPG

D97x7 likes this.
  11. Acerholic

10th June 2021 and now my Red Feather is fully out. Those deep reds are so difficult to photograph, as it's so delicate.
    Red Feather 260.JPG

D97x7 likes this.
  12. Acerholic

28th June 2021 and after a difficult Spring, my Red Feather is making me smile. Such delicate leaves to gaze upon every morning in my garden.
    Red feather 282.JPG

D97x7 likes this.
  13. Acerholic

A new start to another season for my most delicate of maples. April 7th 2022.
    Often very difficult to photograph as the leaves are so fine.
    Red feather April rain 2022.JPG

Xi-feng likes this.
  14. Acerholic

7th May 2022 and a difficult one to photograph, as it doesn't show how beautiful this cultivar really is. But here it is first thing this morning.
    Red feather May 6th 2022.JPG

Xi-feng and D97x7 like this.
  15. Acerholic

19th May 2022 and the hardest to photograph is my Red Feather, but it is so dark now I had to share it.
    Red Feather 19th May 2022.JPG

D97x7 likes this.
  16. Acerholic

30th May 2022 and I managed to get a shot of this one in the sun. Very early btw !!
    Red Feather 29th May 2022.JPG

D97x7 likes this.
  17. Acerholic

23rd June 2022 and after a few very hot days, my Red Feather is doing very well this year. It gets more shade than most of my reds, as it does prefer this.
    Red feather 22nd June 2022.JPG

18. Acerholic

13th November 2022 and my Red Feather has some nice scarlet colour in the early morning light.
    Red Feather 13th November 2022.JPG

19. Acerholic

11th May 2023 and my Red Feather is doing nicely this year. Always a difficult one to photo.
    PXL_20230511_105036064.jpg

20. Acerholic

11th November 2023 and my Red Feather loooking very red this morning.
    PXL_20231112_110159306.jpg

21. Acerholic

11th April 2024 and the dark purple /reds of my Red Feather are showing up quite nicely today.
    PXL_20240411_140840815.jpg