Acer palmatum 'Mikazuki'

Discussion in 'Acer palmatum cultivars (photos)' started by Maple_Lady, May 27, 2010.

1. Acerholic

Acerholic Paragon of Plants Forums Moderator VCBF Cherry Scout Maple Society

13th August 2020 and the heatwave has now taken it's toll. New growth and old all suffering.
    But as promised I'm adding these photos to show how cultivars cope at different times of the year and in different conditions. Some definatly not pretty, so have not put them on the Cheering ourselves up with maples thread !!!!
    This is where they should be.
    My Mikazuki is such a pretty maple, but the heat has now almost completely destroyed the leaves. Defoliation in next few days !!

Attached Files:

2. Acerholic

Well its the beginning of September 2020 and the dew is appearing on the leaves. Together with the fast changing colours, it's that time of year of joy in the maple garden.
    It is lovely to see the new growth, but in September it is a little worrying.
    I will enjoy it whist I can.

Attached Files:

3. Acerholic

7th September 2020 and in Southern England it is getting warmer once again. So surprised to see my maples with such dry leaves this morning. But this year is so very different for so many reasons!!?
    The new growth have opened and giving a wonderful display and possibly more to come this week on my Mikazuki.

Attached Files:

4. Acerholic

12th September 2020 and believe it or not, new growth is everywhere in my garden together with Autumn colours emerging. Temperatures of 31°C expected in a couple of days.
    A close up as requested. The reticulation is so evident on my Mikazuki as we approach Autumn.

Attached Files:

5. Acerholic

14th September 2020 and although it is going to be hot later, a lovely early morning dew was on my maples.
    Mikazuki with late new growth also today.

Attached Files:

6. Acerholic

1st October 2020 and the colours are coming. Plus of course with this crazy year, new growth. Though when I saw these new leaves this morning with the new buds for next year on my Mikazuki, I thought all is well atm at least for now !!!!

Attached Files:

7. Acerholic

12th October 2020 and my Mikazuki is now showing what it should do at this time of the year, the mellow tones that are so different to the vibrant colours of others. I have been asked why I like this, my answer is that I like to have different tones and shades in my collection.

Attached Files:

AlainK likes this.
  8. Acerholic

26th March 2021 and the photo diary starts. Raindrops is all that was required for my Mikazuki.
    Mikasuki 710.JPG

9. Acerholic

28th March 2021 and I was asked last night if my leaves are unfurling, well here they are...
    Mikazuki 713.JPG

10. Acerholic

3rd April 2021 and as this was a matter of discussion last night on the forum, I thought why not a photo this morning. It is in full sun in my garden and does fine there.
    Mikazuki 177.JPG

11. dangerine49

dangerine49 Contributor

New Addition:

Attached Files:

Acerholic and LoverOfMaples like this.
  12. Acerholic

A beautiful specimen J, you are obviously very pleased with your purchase. I would be.

dangerine49 likes this.
  13. Acerholic

19th June 2021 and it's taken a long while to start some new leaves after being hit hard by all the late frosts. But here it is this morning underway. They look a bit confused atm, but they will unfurl in the coming days.
    Mikazuki 275.JPG

D97x7 likes this.