Acer palmatum 'Kandy Kitchen'

Discussion in 'Acer palmatum cultivars (photos)' started by Elmore, May 4, 2004.

1. Acerholic

Acerholic Esteemed Contributor Forums Moderator VCBF Cherry Scout Maple Society

17th August 2020, now three days of heavy rain and my trees are picking up at last.
    Kandy kitchen just loves the rain and it brings out all the reds that there are in this cultivar.

Attached Files:

2. Acerholic

20th August 2020 and after days of rain after a heatwave, everything is picking up again. Severe storms coming tomorrow, so I hope I can batten down the hatches so to speak and protect my trees.
    The new growth is just like Spring on my Kandy kitchen. When will it stop this year !!?

Attached Files:

3. Acerholic

25th August 2020, the calm before storm Francis arrives. The new growth is just glowing now on my Kandy kitchen.

Attached Files:

4. Acerholic

30th August 2020 and it is definitely getting colder. My maples are very happy now that the Summer heat has passed. They are all enjoying the early morning sun.
    Even more new growth on my Kandy kitchen. Together with the older leaves it looks almost a different plant bursting through.

Attached Files:

5. Acerholic

5th September 2020 and the diary continues, each day has a new colour on the leaves now. And tbh some rather strange colours this year. More and more new growth on my Kandy kitchen. Must stop very soon, but tbe temperature is forecast to go to 25° C this week so who knows.

Attached Files:

6. Acerholic

17th September 2020 and the colours are making a big appearance now, but as can be seen thee are more new fresh shoots on my Kandy kitchen.

Attached Files:

7. Acerholic

1st October 2020 and the colours are here in my Kandy kitchen.

Attached Files:

8. Acerholic

October 6th 2020 and very wet, but with early morning sunshine it is making my maples look rather pretty IMO. People have asked about my new growth and how it's doing as it is so late in the year, so I thought I would show my Kandy kitchen. Amazing IMO.

Attached Files: