Acer palmatum 'Kandy Kitchen'

Discussion in 'Acer palmatum cultivars (photos)' started by Elmore, May 4, 2004.

1. Acerholic

Acerholic Paragon of Plants Forums Moderator VCBF Cherry Scout Maple Society

17th August 2020, now three days of heavy rain and my trees are picking up at last.
    Kandy kitchen just loves the rain and it brings out all the reds that there are in this cultivar.

Attached Files:

2. Acerholic

20th August 2020 and after days of rain after a heatwave, everything is picking up again. Severe storms coming tomorrow, so I hope I can batten down the hatches so to speak and protect my trees.
    The new growth is just like Spring on my Kandy kitchen. When will it stop this year !!?

Attached Files:

3. Acerholic

25th August 2020, the calm before storm Francis arrives. The new growth is just glowing now on my Kandy kitchen.

Attached Files:

4. Acerholic

30th August 2020 and it is definitely getting colder. My maples are very happy now that the Summer heat has passed. They are all enjoying the early morning sun.
    Even more new growth on my Kandy kitchen. Together with the older leaves it looks almost a different plant bursting through.

Attached Files:

5. Acerholic

5th September 2020 and the diary continues, each day has a new colour on the leaves now. And tbh some rather strange colours this year. More and more new growth on my Kandy kitchen. Must stop very soon, but tbe temperature is forecast to go to 25° C this week so who knows.

Attached Files:

6. Acerholic

17th September 2020 and the colours are making a big appearance now, but as can be seen thee are more new fresh shoots on my Kandy kitchen.

Attached Files:

7. Acerholic

1st October 2020 and the colours are here in my Kandy kitchen.

Attached Files:

8. Acerholic

October 6th 2020 and very wet, but with early morning sunshine it is making my maples look rather pretty IMO. People have asked about my new growth and how it's doing as it is so late in the year, so I thought I would show my Kandy kitchen. Amazing IMO.

Attached Files:

9. Acerholic

7th November 2020 and they are all about to drop, so just thought I would show how this one holds on.

Attached Files:

10. Acerholic

16th February 2021 and there are so many buds forming on my Kandy kitchen I didn't know which ones to photograph. The afternoon raindrops helped me decide.
    Kandy kitchen 700.JPG

AlainK likes this.
  11. Acerholic

It was lovely to chat to some new members on PM's the other day, one of the questions was, can I post more of my early Spring photos to show their progression ? So here goes on the 25th March 2021.
    Kandy kitchen 710.JPG

12. Acerholic

31st March 2021 and I thought I would post this photo from this morning as it looked quite alien. But hey ho this is what this cultivar looks like every year.
    Kandy kitchen 715.JPG

13. Acerholic

4th May 2021 and now my Kandy Kitchen is giving a lot of pleasure in my garden this morning. It's been a long wait, but worth it.
    Kandy kitchen 218.JPG

Luke’s Maples likes this.
  14. Acerholic

5th June 2021 and after reccomending this one only a few minutes ago on the forum, I thought I should add a photo of my Kandy Kitchen taken moments ago.
    Kandy kitchen 253.JPG

D97x7 likes this.
  15. Acerholic

22nd June 2021 and an update on my Kandy Kitchen. The April frosts didn't touch this one, unlike others close-by. So that's a good reccomendation for a start IMO.
    Kandy kitchen 275.JPG

16. Acerholic

14th July 2021 and my Kandy Kitchen is such a stalwart. Never let's me down.
    Kandy kitchen 302.JPG

Xi-feng likes this.
  17. Acerholic

26th April 2022 and a new start to the year for my Kandy Kitchen. A hardy little maple that holds it's red in the shade.
    Kandy kitchen April 26th 2022.JPG

Xi-feng and D97x7 like this.
  18. Acerholic

16th May 2022 and a very vibrant Kandy Kitchen in my garden this morning.
    Kandy Kitchen 16th May 2022.JPG

19. Acerholic

21st May 2022 and so happy to have more rain after such a dry spell this Spring. My Kandy kitchen loved the overnight moisture to it's leaves.
    Kandy Kitchen 21st May 2022.JPG