Acer palmatum 'Kamagata'

Discussion in 'Acer palmatum cultivars (photos)' started by mjh1676, Apr 19, 2005.

1. Acerholic

Acerholic Paragon of Plants Forums Moderator VCBF Cherry Scout Maple Society

8th May 2022 and my first posting of my Kamagata for this year, the feathery ends to the leaves are what drew me to this cultivar.
    Kamagata May 8th 2022.JPG

LoverOfMaples, Xi-feng and D97x7 like this.
  2. Acerholic

1st July 2022 and some lovely greens on my Kamagata this year. I'm very pleased how its doing.
    Kamagata 1st July 2022.JPG

Xi-feng, LoverOfMaples and D97x7 like this.
  3. Xi-feng

Xi-feng Rising Contributor

Here's mine. Still very small, but already showing some of that fun layering effect of the leaves:

20220710 Kamagata.jpg

Acerholic and LoverOfMaples like this.
  4. LoverOfMaples

LoverOfMaples Generous Contributor Maple Society

'Kamagata' doing well this year.

Attached Files:

Acerholic likes this.
  5. MapleMO

MapleMO Contributor 10 Years

This year my Kamagata was very late to leaf out, had lots of aphids and leafed out a lot more sparsely than usual. I did not see any bark related problems so am not sure what the problem was but fortunately it seems to be bouncing back with some new growth. Hopefully it will survive coming winter.

Attached Files:

Acerholic likes this.
  6. Acerholic

We all hope for some bounce back M. Nice to see yours is already on its way.

MapleMO likes this.
  7. ROEBUK

ROEBUK Generous Contributor Maple Society 10 Years

My Kamagata over the past 10 years , started in a pot 2012 then was planted after the fall for a further 6 years in the ground then lifted back into a large container in 2018 where it's been ever since , had a slight branch prune in the new year 2022 and the last two pictures are from the early summer and then the fall both in 2022, just gets a good feed in the spring and it then seems quite happy for the rest of the year. Always find they tend to show better in pots/containers , tend to be a bit hit and miss at times in the ground for colours i have found , but will grow at a vey good rate.

Attached Files:

AlainK, Acerholic and LoverOfMaples like this.
  8. Acerholic

Can't argue with the evidence there M. Pots it is......