Acer palmatum 'Hazeroino'

Discussion in 'Acer palmatum cultivars (photos)' started by NJACER, Dec 16, 2007.

1. NJACER

NJACER Active Member Maple Society 10 Years

This is a plant I purchased in 1995 that is similar to ‘Hagoromo’ but with variegated leaves. My tree has not displayed much variegation and has not been very vigorous in growth. This year in Sep it pushed some new growth that displayed the variegation that it is known for. I found it interesting that I have had this cultivar for so long and had never taken a photo until this year. Has anyone had better experiences with this cultivar?

Attached Files:

2. Gomero

Gomero Well-Known Member Maple Society 10 Years

Re: Acer palmatum 'Hazerino'

Hi Ed,

Lucky you seeing the variegation!!, with maples one needs to be patient ;-))
    I've had one since the Winter 2006 and in its first season in my garden no variegation, I guess I need to be patient like you.

Gomero

P.S.: You probably mean 'Hazeroino', which is the name found in all reference books, could UBC please change the name of the thread?

Last edited: Dec 16, 2007
  3. NJACER

NJACER Active Member Maple Society 10 Years

Gomero,

You are correct on the name. Spelling is not my strong point. I need to get my maple list imported into spell check to help prevent these errors.

Regarding the cultivar; many years I had about three to four variegated leaves and since 1995 ordered as a custom graft this cultivar is still only about 1 meter tall.

4. alex66

alex66 Rising Contributor Maple Society 10 Years

variegation appear after 4 years!

Attached Files:

• 105.jpg
      105.jpg
      File size:
      134.7 KB
      Views: