Acer palmatum 'Going green'

Discussion in 'Acer palmatum cultivars (photos)' started by Acerholic, Aug 17, 2020.

1. Acerholic

Acerholic Paragon of Plants Forums Moderator VCBF Cherry Scout Maple Society

I have not posted my Acer palmatum 'Going green' before as it has had a difficult couple of years. It is 30 years old now and is showing the signs of it's age.
    I will endeavour to post more photos over the coming years.
    It is planted in the ground in full sun in my garden and for 28 years has done really well. It gives a wonderful Autumn yellow that makes this part of my garden glow.
    It may not survive this Winter, but I will replace like for like if it dies. This is a good cultivar.
    Today's photo 17th August 2020.

Attached Files:

2. Acerholic

9th September 2020 and new growth springing up everywhere. It so warm and today at 0800hrs it was 18°C.
    Two weeks on and I thought I would show how my Going Green has coped. For this time of the year, not to bad IMO.

Attached Files:

3. Acerholic

14th October 2020 and this is how my Goung green greeted me this morning. Almost overnight it decided that it had had enough for this year. Think maybe we have all had enough of 2020 tbh.

Attached Files:

4. Acerholic

14th April 2021 and my first posting for this season of my Going green. OK, so it's a very common tree that is sold absolutely everywhere, but when those new leaves emerge, then that's why they are so popular, because it is such a wonderfully bright and cheerful green.
    Going Green 186.JPG

5. Acerholic

22nd April 2021 and my Going Green is now very green. I do love these greens in Spring, 'so fresh'.
    Lots of spraying with rain water has done the trick for yet another overnight frost.
    Going Green 190.JPG

6. Acerholic

23rd April 2021 and yes I did post one yesterday, but as there have been discussions on the forum about so many flowers this year, I wanted to show my Going Green from a few minutes ago. Here we go D @LoverOfMaples.
    Going Green 191.JPG

LoverOfMaples likes this.
  7. Acerholic

8th May 2021 and I wanted to give an update on the flowers on my Going Green. There is quite the abundance this year.
    Going Green 221.JPG

8. Acerholic

2nd June 2021 and after the hottest day of the year so far in the UK, I thought why not a shot of how it looks from beneath my Going Green, where it is a touch cooler.
    Going green 249.JPG

D97x7 likes this.
  9. Acerholic

17th September 2021 and my old Going Green has started to turn earlier than any previous year. My fingers are crossed that this is not a bad omen.
    Going green 400.JPG

D97x7 and AlainK like this.
  10. Acerholic

8th April 2022 and this is my new Going Green. My old 30 year old gave up on life at the end of 2021. So here we go and I hope this one gives as much joy for me as my old one did.

Going green April rain 2022.JPG

Xi-feng and AlainK like this.
  11. Acerholic

2nd May 2022 and now my Going Green is showing those lovely greens it is known for.
    Going Green May 2nd 2022.JPG

D97x7 likes this.
  12. Acerholic

23rd May 2022 and my Going Green, is doing just that now. Going Green!!
    Going Green 23rd May 2022.JPG

D97x7 likes this.