Acer palmatum 'Germaine's Gyration'

Discussion in 'Acer palmatum cultivars (photos)' started by Elmore, Apr 14, 2004.

1. Elmore

Elmore Active Member 10 Years

Here is a friends very vigorous Acer palmatum 'Germaine's Gyration'. From what I here it is very similar to a dissectum called 'Contorta'.

Attached Files:

2. mjh1676

mjh1676 Active Member Maple Society 10 Years

This is a cultivar that has been a continuned quest for me. The one pictured is not the first one I have owned but it is the one most like the tree pictured by Iseli.

It is the overall size of the leaves and the way the coarse lobes raidiate from the petiole that give the tree a graceful open appearance. Many dissectums hold their leaves down with the lobes close or overlapping, in this case we have the opposit. I will have to see about the twisting and contortedness with age. This tree is probably beginning its 3rd season.

Here is a helpful link to this plant online at Iseli. Use the link below and select Acer palmatum dissectum 'Germaine's Gyration' from the drop down list in the upper right hand corner of the page.
    http://www.iseli-nursery.com/

Attached Files:

3. mjh1676

mjh1676 Active Member Maple Society 10 Years

4. Kaitain4

Kaitain4 Well-Known Member Maple Society 10 Years

Just got in a nice specimen, so I took a few pics:

Attached Files:

5. bub72ck

bub72ck Active Member

Germaine's Gyration from Mr. Maple in East Flat Rock, NC. Currently about 7' tall.

BCF45F86-7F6C-464D-9D59-AC88D395BADD_zps50b5vxdp.jpg
    85E64B7D-7B4F-4F70-B73C-F988C9FF0B33_zpsrbvkq8h0.jpg