Acer palmatum 'Filigree Rouge'

Discussion in 'Acer palmatum cultivars (photos)' started by mjh1676, Nov 10, 2005.

1. mjh1676

mjh1676 Active Member Maple Society 10 Years

A nice deeply divided maple that appears to have no relation to Filigree. The new growth will be edged in red and this will hold to various degrees into summer. The new summer growth will be more yellow in color and usually will not show the red coloration. This plant seems to have nice uniform red fall color. Somewhat twiggy and less than substantial, it seems to grow more like an upright dissectum with the longer chutes pendulous in nature. the leaves are held outward and do not droop on the petiole.

Photos from 5/5/05, 5/23/05 (prior to these photos more red was visible in the leaves) and 11/10/05 (fall color leaves second growth)

MJH

Attached Files:

2. mjh1676

mjh1676 Active Member Maple Society 10 Years

Here are some spring leaf shots taken today (4.21.06). Quite a nice spring color, but I am afriad it won't hold for long. While this dissected maple has potential, I think it will fall short in the category of hold its color long enough to be outstanding. I'll still look forward to it every year and wish it could persist.

Attached Files: