Acer palmatum 'Atropupureum'

Discussion in 'Acer palmatum cultivars (photos)' started by NyxLimit, May 3, 2009.

1. Acerholic

Acerholic Esteemed Contributor Forums Moderator VCBF Cherry Scout Maple Society

16th September 2020 and new growth is everywhere, due to this unseasonably warm weather.
    Last night I was again asked how my Atropurpureum was looking. All I could say was I would post today so it can be viewed once more.

Attached Files:

2. Acerholic

18th September 2020 and a picture of the whole tree as requsted yesterday.
    So here is my thinned out Atropurpureum that was pruned hard last year.

Attached Files:

3. Acerholic

22nd September 2020 and tbe Autum Equinox is here and so are the changes. I will be sad to see this years Atropurpureum colours go.

Attached Files:

4. Acerholic

27th September 2020 and bright Autumnal sunshine brings the best out of maple leaves. My Atropurpureum was probably the best IMO.

Attached Files:

5. Acerholic

7th October 2020 and my maples are either turning to Autumn colours, or have new Spring like growth or the leaves are just ready to drop. Such a strange year.
    So after more PM's and requests for my Atropurpureum, here it is this morning.

Attached Files:

6. Acerholic

14th October 2020 and after some more PM's about my Atropurpureum, here it is. Just going past it's best IMO, but still looking OK.

Attached Files:

7. Acerholic

16th October 2020 the sun is shining and everything is looking cheerful. Atropurpureum especially!!

Attached Files: