Identification: A silly question.

Discussion in 'Indoor and Greenhouse Plants' started by SoulzOnFire, Dec 20, 2006.

1. SoulzOnFire

SoulzOnFire Member

I have a Betta bowl with a live plant at the top. The plants sits in one of the redish-brown plastic pot at the top. But I would like to get a clear plastic pot or clear plastic plant holders for plants in vases. I have been looking for one of these for some time and the only places that have these plastic thingies is with the vases, but I do not want another vase, just the plastic holder for the top. Does anywho know where I might be able to get one of those? I know it's a silly question. Any suggestions would surely help. Thanks! !

2. Marn

Marn Active Member 10 Years

search at Big Als .. www.bigalsonline.com it is a fish pet place and they carry all kinds of stuff for aquariums and i think they have what you are looking for .. look under plants..

Marn

3. Rima

Rima Active Member

Hi, I made my own (for my bare-root peace lily sitting in my 10 gal. aquarium tank with my betta). I used a 6+" ring of soft container plastic (usually not clear, but frosted) about 1/2" wide, and tied the ends together with an all-plastic twist tie (a little piece of copper or brass wire with the ends well buried will work too). Then I made 6 little holes in the ring, used the same type of wire to divide the flat surface area of the ring into pie pieces (looped the wire straight across the ring through the holes), and brought the 3 wires out high enough to be hooked to the edge of the aquarium's. You have to measure very carefully to be sure the wires will be long enough after the criss-cross to come back up to the aquarium top to hook on. Then put the roots of your plant through the pie pieces, stabilizing the plant above the water against the upright wires and you're all set!

4. bioramani

bioramani Member

Nothing is silly.
    Please check this out.
    http://www.plantarium.co.uk/

bioramani

5. SoulzOnFire

SoulzOnFire Member

Hey,

Thank-you, everyone for your info. Your suggestions and website information gave me a great start on how to do this. Hopefully my plant and my betta will be living happily with each other here in the next week. :-)