Identification: 3 (maybe 4) House Plant Identification

Discussion in 'Indoor and Greenhouse Plants' started by Sam K, Aug 16, 2007.

1. Sam K

Sam K Member

Dear plant experts,

I am in need of identification of 3 (maybe 4) plants. I am going away to college this coming fall and we got some plants, to take with me, from a company that is moving buildings and does not want to take the plants with them. I do not know how to treat for these plants and I do not wish for these plants to die, so I need their names, so I can find out how to treat them.

The first two plants are both hanging plants are pretty much identical (one has thicker but shorter vines). The leaves are sort of like spearheads. There seems to be possible two slightly different plants in each hanging pot, one’s leaves are all green and the other’s is a little green with lots of light green.
    Plant
    Vine Close-up
    Leaf Close-up

The third plant is a floor plant and its leaves are oval with points at the end. I do not know how to describe the stems of the plant, but I took a nice photo of the stems.
    Plant
    Leaf Close-up
    Stem Close-up

The fourth plant is also a floor plant and seems more like a tree. The stem (or trunk) looks like a palm tree and is mostly straight up. At the top the plant (or tree) has split off two branches and the main part of the plant has been capped. The leaves look like a stretched oval with points at the end.
    Plant
    Top Close-up
    Leaf Close-up
    Stem (or trunk) Close-up

If you require more details or more photos, please let me know and I will try to provide them.
    Any help is appreciated.

2. Junglekeeper

Junglekeeper Esteemed Contributor 10 Years

Looks like:
    #1/2 Epipremnum aureum (syn. Scindapsus aureus), Golden Pothos
    #3 Aglaonema sp., Chinese Evergreen
    #4 Dracaena fragrans 'Massangeana', Corn Plant​

3. Marn

Marn Active Member 10 Years

#1 is the Marble Queen ... the Golden Pothos/Devils Ivy has the yellow variegation .. the Marble Queen has the White variegation..

ad I agree on the rest of the plants... :)

Marn

4. edleigh7

edleigh7 Well-Known Member

Sam...nice plants, just keep your Dracaena in the brightest spot you have...Enjoy

Ed

5. Sam K

Sam K Member

Thanks to all three of you.
    You probably saved these plants from dying as no one in my family knows much about plants.

6. Leeermalee

Leeermalee Member

this is a corn plant....Dracaena, Janet Craig.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2007