23 August 2020 Garlic (Raw)

Discussion in 'Fruit and Vegetable Gardening' started by Durgan, Aug 23, 2020.

1. Durgan

Durgan Contributor 10 Years

23 August 2020 Garlic (Raw)
    Posted on August 23, 2020 by Durgan
    23 August 2020 Garlic 23 August 2020 Garlic
    Seven garlic cloves were processed and made into frozen cubes. First the bulbs were split into individual cloves. The tough basil ends were removed.Each clove was crushed in a tortilla press and the skin is simply lifted off. This makes skin removal easy.The garlic was put through a Champion Juicer to crush the cloves. After this process the pulp and juice was mixed and set aside to brew for about an hour. This makes all the goodness of raw garlic available. The garlic is placed in cube trays and frozen. One raw cube is a serving and is dissolved in a morning coffee. Garlic to get all nutrition should be ingested raw.
    [​IMG]

Acerholic likes this.
  2. Acerholic

Acerholic Paragon of Plants Forums Moderator VCBF Cherry Scout Maple Society

@Durgan good evening, love garlic but have never tried it in coffee. In a chicken or beef stock yes. Dont think I'm brave enough to try it in coffee, lol.
    Totally agree with you on the health benefits though.

3. Durgan

Durgan Contributor 10 Years

For some time I have tried ingesting raw garlic and found it to be too harsh. I was given the Champion Juicer so devised the route shown to ingest. I had the tortilla press and found it to be an excellent tool for removing garlic skins. My understanding about garlic is heat destroys nutrients if it is too high. I find I can ingest the raw garlic using the method presented. Healthy who knows?