17 October 2018 Processing marijuana. Legal starting today.

Discussion in 'Fruit and Vegetable Gardening' started by Durgan, Oct 17, 2018.

1. Durgan

Durgan Contributor 10 Years

17 October 2018 Processing marijuana.
    Posted on October 17, 2018 by Durgan
    17 October 2018 Processing marijuana.17 October 2018 Processing marijuana.

One plants was trimmed to prepare for decarboxylation. A new acquisition called an Ardent basically a controlled heating unit for decarboxylating marijuana was acquired. The prepared material is placed in the canister and it is heated for around one hour completely decarboxylating the product. All marijuana need be decarboxylated if not smoking the product. Usually for making cannabutter and tinctures.
    dsc_0829_std.jpg

2. Durgan

23 October 2018 Trimming Marijuana
    Posted on October 23, 2018 by Durgan
    23 October 2018 Triming Marijuna/
    Canadians are allowed four marijuana plants at any one time in a house. (17 October 2018). Growing marijuana successfully takes some knowledge and physical effort. One plants was cut and trimmed for making decarboxylated plant material. If the plant is pulled and allowed to dry for two or three days most of the big fan leaves are removed with a snap of the fingers. This eliminates most of the scissor work. This decarboxylation is for the material for ingesting, tincture or edibles.The heat of smoking automatically decarboxylates.
    dsc_0914_std.jpg

3. RobiN0963

RobiN0963 New Member

I would like to grow my own plant and make CBD oil. I am just wondering how many plants would I need to make a bit of CBD oil? Is one plant would be more than enough or not?

4. Durgan

Growing and processing marijuana is not a simple process. Four plants to experiment is about reasonable. There is a lot to learn and absorb. In the USA there are some legal issues that need addressing. G00d luck.

ScottPreot likes this.
  5. helen.hans

helen.hans New Member

I used to be doing evaporation, and I would like to clarify one point. I ordered special untreated plants from Orenda Botanicals | Body-care Products Made with Botanicals Extracts to do experiments. During the tasting of the hemp by burning or evaporating it, the decarboxylation process starts automatically. In addition, a well-dried and cured finished product has already undergone partial purification from excess carbon dioxide by default.
    But since a finished product of a lower quality is usually used for cooking hemp dishes, and very often even in an undried state, the effect of its influence can hardly be called worthy. Decarboxylating marijuana before cooking allows you to achieve the highest possible THC levels, which will greatly increase its potency.

6. Durgan

Drying marijuana plants
    Posted on November 21, 2020 by Durgan
    I use a plastic box about 13 x 7 x 4 inches from Home Depot and The plant is trimmed placed in the box to dry for about 5 days agitated periodically for even drying. At the end of five days the knobs are pulled off the stem an slightly trimmed and allowed to dry for a further 5 days.

The relatively dry material; is placed in a liter jar about 60 grams per jar and pressure cooked for 2 hours at 15 PSI. This is 240 F for 2 hours which effectively decarboxylates marijuana.

I make olive oil and/or heavy cream infusion and ingest a small amount a teaspoon for effect. I do not smoke.

7. Acerholic

Acerholic Paragon of Plants Forums Moderator VCBF Cherry Scout Maple Society

Good morning, can I ask if this is used for pain relief?

8. McP82

McP82 New Member

I was wondering, is it the same hemp plant that's used to make ropes and fabrics, or is it a different plant of the hemp family?

9. vitog

vitog Contributor 10 Years

Hemp and Marijuana are varieties of the same species, according to an article in Wikipedia.