1 October 2007 Tobacco Plant Growth

Discussion in 'Photography and Art' started by Durgan, Oct 1, 2007.

1. Durgan

Durgan Contributor 10 Years

http://ehoht.notlong.com/ 1 October 2007 Tobacco Plant Growth.

The area in which I live is a tobacco growing area. Two plants were grown in my garden this year simply to study the cultivar. The plant flowers all summer and is quite attractive. When grown for tobacco the flower stem is normally cut off.

The seeds were started indoors and put into the garden about 24 May 2007. There are probably thousands of seeds produced by one plant, and they are very small.

Tobacco growing is being phased out by the Government, and the growers are changing to Ginseng in some cases.. The crop, which is labour intensive, is handled by temporaty migrant workers from, Mexico, Jamaica, and some other Carabbean countries. These are the modern day slaves, paid miniumn wage and generally have not many rights; in spite, of Politician's platitudes.

The Western World tobacco growers export tobacco products to China, and Japan, and any other country willing to take the product. It is harmful for our own people, but apparently not to other country's people?

I personally refer to tobacco as the "Indian's Revenge". The Europeans killed many Indians and the Indians introduced them to tobacco, which has killed more Europeans than Indians over the last 400 years.