tall wildflower

Discussion in 'Plants: Identification' started by passisgreen, Sep 20, 2004.

1. passisgreen

passisgreen Member

these plants grew from a wildflower seed mixture, but i cannot identify this plant. i have tried looking up all plants that were said to be in the mixture, even emailing the company directly, but i cannot find any help. some of them grew to 8 ft fall. i hope the photos will help point you in the right direction. thank you in advance for any help. glenn

Attached Files:

2. lkliewer

lkliewer Active Member 10 Years

3. passisgreen

passisgreen Member

thanks!

thanks so much. yeah, i agree...one mans trash is another man's treasure. i'm cutting these things down. they crowded out all of the other 'wildflowers' in the bed. thanks again.

4. lkliewer

lkliewer Active Member 10 Years

Cutting down...

You may want to pull them out rather cut them down -- they have a pretty good tap root and tend to keep coming back. Some of the larger ones you may have to hook the 4x4 to to pull out.

5. douglas

douglas Active Member 10 Years

Hi

You might want to cut off the seed heads before you rip them out or you will be Fighting the darn things for ever.

The seeds can germinate anywhere from 1 to 10 years in your area depending on climate and other factors. DO NOT try to compost them.. Burn or dispose of them in some other manner

Regards Doug