Cory slug bait

Discussion in 'Garden Pest Management and Identification' started by magbmpie, Jun 9, 2007.

1. magbmpie

magbmpie Member

The slugs are already having a feast on my cabbage plants. The other day I poured cory's slug bait all over the plants . The rain has since washed it all away, but my husband thinks that it cabbage heads will still be dangerous for us to eat. Should I pull up these plants and start over again or is it safe to eat the ones that are growing now, when they are ready.They have not started to form heads yet.

Please reply as I don't really want to throw out something that has actually started to grow, but I don't want to make anyone sick either.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2007
  2. Daniel Mosquin

Daniel Mosquin Paragon of Plants UBC Botanical Garden Forums Administrator Forums Moderator 10 Years

3. barb s

barb s Active Member

I still use Cory slug bait. I save small plastic containers, like small milk cartons, put some bait inside and the slugs go in but don't come out. They are then easily thrown in the garbage and the rain can't get to the bait. You also avoid any food contamination. I had 20 slugs in a small carton in one night.

Barb