Acer palmatum 'Vic Pink'

Discussion in 'Acer palmatum cultivars (photos)' started by arnaut, Jun 5, 2007.

1. arnaut

arnaut Active Member

Acer palmatum 'Vic Pink'

Attached Files:

2. acerave

acerave Member

Arnaut, you appear to be in a rush to post lots of interesting Japanese maples. However, the lack of information about when the pictures were taken and of the plant's location, age, growth and color characteristics weakens the value of your contributions to the UBC enthusiasts' site. What's the hurry? Are you in the nursery business?

3. Acerholic

Acerholic Paragon of Plants Forums Moderator VCBF Cherry Scout Maple Society

This is my Acer palmatum ' Vic Pink'. The name is obviously from the lovely pink petioles which are it's wonderful attributes. I have it planted in full sun from morning to evening with no adverse effects.
    It is not a fast grower in my garden so is planted near a path so we can admire it closely.
    I have had this one for four years and it is hardy.
    Two photos from Spring and Summer 2020.

Attached Files:

4. Acerholic

Summer sun to Summer rain, this cultivar never disappoints. It does not jump out at you like other varieties, but it has a subtle beauty that I enjoy a lot.
    I photographed this in my garden in the very early morning of the 19th July 2020

Attached Files:

5. Acerholic

Where are the petioles and the new leaves. It is fun trying to find out.
    Photo in very early morning sun 0530 hrs 26th July 2020 in my garden.
    Just one week since my last photo and what a difference!!

Attached Files:

6. Acerholic

7th August 2020, rain through the night thankfully, as it's going to be the hottest day this year in the UK. I will post my maples during and after this heatwave.
    Really showing off those pink petioles now.

Attached Files:

7. Acerholic

18th August 2020 and new growth. Almost looks like Spring and Autumn at the same time in my garden. So strange, but a nice strange if you get my meaning.
    My Vic pink is being watched by me, as I'm not totally sure how it is coping.
    Anyway, it's important to show.

Attached Files:

8. Acerholic

1st September 2020 and the very first Autumn dew arrives after a rather cold night. Took 2 of my Vic Pink as I did not know which one to keep after looking at them, so here they are.

Attached Files:

9. Acerholic

September 3rd 2020 and Autumn is very quickly upon us now. But new growth!!? Yes there is !!
    Such a dark cloudy day today, that any colours are very welcome.
    Very cheerful but there is a but with this one. Leaves are dropping fast. Will be monitoring it closely.

Attached Files:

10. Acerholic

5th September 2020 and the diary continues, each day has a new colour on the leaves now. And tbh some rather strange colours this year.
    This will probably be the last photo of my Vic pink this year, as the leaves are dropping very fast. Will most likely lift it soon to move to another part of my garden, as it is not too happy where it is.

Attached Files:

11. Acerholic

10th September 2020 and my maples are now racing into Autumnal colours. So warm and sunny at the moment, it does seem a bit strange though.
    My favourite maple in my collection today is my Vic pink. Now I think it will drop it's leaves any day, so this will probably be the last photos of this one this year. But it has been a good one.

Attached Files:

12. Acerholic

27th May 2021 and my first posting this year of my Vic Pink. It is always a late starter, but now with a little bit of warmth the pink petioles are in their way.
    Vic Pink 241.JPG

Xi-feng likes this.
  13. Acerholic

30th June 2021 and my Vic Pink is doing quite well. It has enjoyed the cooler end of this month, putting out some second flush leaves.
    Vics pink 287.JPG

Xi-feng and D97x7 like this.
  14. Acerholic

18th April 2022 and my Vic Pink waited for the frosts to go before waking up. A clever tree!!
    Vic's Pink Easter Sunday 2022.JPG

15. Acerholic

10th May 2022 and my Vic Pink is now fully in leaf. The pink petioles are what gives this one it's name.
    Vics Pink May 10th 2022.JPG

D97x7 likes this.
  16. Acerholic

27th May 2022 and this one is for the collector IMO. I'm not sure it has enough Wow factor in Spring or Summer to attract everyone.
    Vics Pink 27th May 2022.JPG

17. Acerholic

17th June 2022 and the tips to the lobes showing off this morning.
    Vic pink 16th June 2022.JPG

18. Acerholic

21st October 2022 and my Vic Pink doing it's best after a very difficult Summer
    Vic's Pink 21st October 2022 (2).JPG Vic's Pink 21st October 2022.JPG

LoverOfMaples and AlainK like this.
  19. Acerholic

4th September 2023 and what I hope is the start of another blazé of colour from my Vic Pink .
    PXL_20230904_083247434.jpg PXL_20230904_083304079.jpg

20. Acerholic

3rd October 2023 and my Vic Pink has done well all Summer, so now for the Autumn colours to start.
    PXL_20231003_093708964.jpg

21. Acerholic

30th October 2023 and my Vic Pink turning more and more bright pink. It deserves its name IMO. Photo taken at dusk.
    PXL_20231030_170833230.NIGHT.jpg