Grubs

Discussion in 'HortForum' started by Obe, May 27, 2007.

1. Obe

Obe Member

Good Morning--I have a major grub problem (I live in Ontario,Canada) and we have a pesticide ban. I have just purchased Beneficial Nematodes that are to be applied early evening after watering/rain. How many days after I apply can I actually re-seed? What happens to the nematodes--they don't stay active after doing their job do they?Thanks for any help with this--Obe

2. Daniel Mosquin

Daniel Mosquin Paragon of Plants UBC Botanical Garden Forums Administrator Forums Moderator 10 Years

How to apply beneficial nematodes

I would think little lag time is needed re: reseeding, but perhaps you should wait at least a week to determine the treatment is effective via a visual inspection of the grubs. No point reseeding if it hasn't taken.

3. Obe

Obe Member

Thanks Daniel--I actually dug up some soil and although there are only a few white grubs left--I am hoping that by the weekend they will be all gone!! That would be a week after applying the nematodes. I am so hoping that this treatment will suffice.

4. Obe

Obe Member

Grass

What would be the best type of grass seed to use (that may be pest-free or somewhat)? I have applied the nematodes and hope to seed this weekend!! Any suggestions--it's on a hill in full sun.