Veridis: dont plant in plain sight.

Discussion in 'Maples' started by acyvas, May 8, 2007.

1. acyvas

acyvas Member

I recently bought a AP Viridis that was on sale and put it near a window inside. Well low and behold someone calls the cops saying I have a Marijuana plant. Kind of funny in the end but the police thought I was trying to play a prank. Hopefully once it gets bigger it will look more like a tree and I can put it back in that window.

2. namnhi2

namnhi2 Member

That's funny.
    NamNhi

3. dawgie

dawgie Active Member 10 Years

Seriously, are you trying to grow a Japanese maple indoors? My understanding is that they will eventually die if grown indoors due to the dry air and lack of dormancy in winter.

4. acyvas

acyvas Member

I guess it was a good thing then that I moved it to my back patio. Things do work out for the best. I also thought you could raise a Japanese maple indoors, on the other hand my other maples are all outside.

5. ShariN

ShariN Member

That was the first thing out of my husbands mouth with the last JM I bought. Sigh ~~
    Glad they did not give you a too hard of time about it.
    Also shows that people don't know a tree from..well..you know.

6. acyvas

acyvas Member

The thing was it was small enough to where the leaves did not have that thin lacelike appearance almost like a Seiryu yet and all of the baranches including the trunk were for the most part green. On the other hand it was only $10, so you can't expect something that big.