Acer palmatum 'In the Pink'

Discussion in 'Acer palmatum cultivars (photos)' started by mapledia, May 4, 2007.

1. mapledia

mapledia Active Member

So often when "pink" is in the name, the color doesn't show up. But this is different. It's a totally unusual color for the spring garden.

Attached Files:

2. Gomero

Gomero Well-Known Member Maple Society 10 Years

Thank you very much mapledia for sharing so many pictures, specially of new cultivars like this one. For these new plants it would be nice if you gave more information like parentage/introductor (if known) or, at least your supplier.

Gomero

3. mapledia

mapledia Active Member

Thank you for your nice comments. The design and variety of these plants just stuns me, so that much of my time is spent trying to find "something new." You probably do the same and occasionally have one of those "ah-HA!" moments in a maple nursery...seeing something you've never seen before. I'm so fortunate to live in the Siskiyou mountain area of southern Oregon, a region with many fabulous maple nurserymen/women nearby, some small private growers/collectors, lots of hobbyists and a great climate for maples. I have lots of "ah-HA!" moments which are fun for me and add to my garden. I cannot at this time tell you what the ancestry of 'In the Pink' is, but I have lots of resources here, so I'll try to ferret it out and provide more info later on this site. What I can tell you is that 'In the Pink' has color unlike anything I've ever seen before in the spring garden, and I have a considerable collection. It's really unusual.

4. DandyLioness

DandyLioness Active Member

This is my pink one.

Attached Files:

• JM2.jpg
      JM2.jpg
      File size:
      61.1 KB
      Views:
  5. mapledia

mapledia Active Member

Thank you for posting. Your 'In the Pink' is a lot pinker than mine. Is your plant in lots of sunshine (mine is in filtered light)?

6. DandyLioness

DandyLioness Active Member

This particular one gets morning sun mostly... then it tones down for the rest of the day.

This guy gets a bit more sun.... but not that much.

THEN, I thought... why not post the rest of them! LOL

JM.jpg

JM3.jpg

JM4.jpg

JM5.jpg

7. amazingmaples

amazingmaples Well-Known Member 10 Years

I was completely "unimpressed" when I got my first In the Pink. After a couple years the color came through and is one of the more impressive color trees. I have photos of the tree along with a new In the Pink and you can see how it looks in comparison

Attached Files: