plant and tree problem

Discussion in 'Indoor and Greenhouse Plants' started by sarajane, Mar 31, 2007.

1. sarajane

sarajane Member

i have purchased about a year ago a murraiilla tree and its leaves have been falling off...i don't know what to do with everyone tells me its dying...anyway I dont know a lot about plants soo please help

also along with this I have a rosemary plant that i bought a couple of months ago and there seems to be lots of leaves drying up in the middle at the bottom of the plant ??!! i wanted to know if that was normal... DSC02227.JPG

DSC02228.JPG

Attached Files:

2. mosscampion

mosscampion Active Member

About the Rosemary:

Rosemary is one of those herbs that's a little harder to grown indoors because it needs LOTS of light and is slow growing. I have rosemary, but put it under fluorescent lights. Your plant may be experiencing severe leaf drop due to the fact that it is receiving less light than it desires (even if you think you have it in a bright area, it probably still needs more).

Here's a link to a better explanation:
    http://www.richters.com/newdisplay.cgi?page=./QandA/Growing/19980331-75.html&cart_id=81.1496

I would suggest starting some cuttings from the parent plant just in case.

Good luck!

3. markinwestmich

markinwestmich Active Member

What little I can see from the leaves of your tree, it appears suspiciously like an infection. Perhaps if you can post a close-up photo of some of those damaged leaves we might be able to get a better idea.

Any of those little gnats flying around the soil?

Does the soil stay wet for more than a 2-3 days after a watering?

At any rate, personally, I think the time and cost treatment may exceed the cost of a new plant. Unless this plant has some sentimental value or if you would like a challenge, it might be best to send it to the land fill.

I still think it would be worth the effort to find out what caused all this. It may prevent it happening again with another plant.

4. Nandan Kalbag

Nandan Kalbag Active Member

Leaves falling could be due to lack of sunlight or due to excessive watering.

5. sarajane

sarajane Member

my tree murraya i posted above...i forgot to mention it had those kind of black purpuple-ish stuff on them ...so i have been spaying it with soapy water most of it is gone but now ...there are those tiny little black spots on it ...also like someone mentionned above the soil is wet for about 2-3 days ( i took more pictures of the tree and its leaves...)i also took a picture of my other tree that has no leaves now ...it looks dead... and the third plant is a water plant its growing a lot so i was wondering if i should transplant it to give it more room??

Attached Files: