palm heelp

Discussion in 'Outdoor Tropicals' started by strongbad, Jul 8, 2004.

1. strongbad

strongbad Member

though this picture is befor i lost a couple of legs due to transplant.Thos have fallen and the living remains.lots of it has dropped due to some wind.the main question is can i tie these leaves up a bit or just leave them because this is a transplant.Im not sure what this is I know its fifteen years old and was slated to be cut im trying to save it.there is no new growth and any has died off but the rest is still living.its been 4 months.I know survival is slim but what else can i do to take care of it.

Attached Files:

2. desertman

desertman Member

It almost looks like a dragon palm (dracaena draco) but it's hard to tell from the photo. I would give it some more time. It's probably still in shock from transplant. Maybe someone else on this forum can help you out.

Cheers,
    Jay

3. I think Cordyline australis. The trunk is too rough to be a Dracaena Draco, but tricky to tell from picture quality.

peter@wirreandanursery.com.au

4. LPN

LPN Well-Known Member 10 Years

This is Cordyline australis. They're found all over Victoria gardens. Your trouble lies in the fact it was transplanted. Very rarely do these survive transplanting. It may languish for sometime and eventually succome. Keeping it watered is about all you can do. Not much trouble this time of year meeting that requirment. If yours survives it will be the first one I've heard of.