Majestic Plam turning yellow

Discussion in 'Indoor and Greenhouse Plants' started by palm lover, Mar 1, 2007.

1. palm lover

palm lover Member

I have a majestic palm as an indoor plant that I have had for about a year. I read that they like lots of water so I was watering it about every other day. Recently the ends of two of the branches started to turn yellow. Everyone tells me that yellow means too much water so I cut back my watering to every three to four days, and now several of the branches are turning yellow. I absolutely love this plant it is about 9 to 10 feet tall at this point and I really need some advice on how to get it green again. I read on a website that I shouls give it epsom salt but I dont know if that is really a good idea. If anyone can help me please let me know what to do.
    Thank you.

2. Rima

Rima Active Member

Allow it to dry out more between times, and also think about incorporating lots of grit in the soil at your next repot. Are you fertilizing at all - sometimes a lack of an element can be responsible, but it's less likely.

3. MOCHA

MOCHA Active Member

Hey, I have the same problem same plant, but it also seemed to get better the less light I gave it I originally had it in my living room where I have 3 south facing windows and 4 west facing windows, and I read that leafs can scorthch easy so I moved it to my bedroom with one north facing window and I have lots of new leafs opeing up. Hope I could help some but I do still have some leafs that turn brown and yellow my best guess would be lack of humitity. Good luck!!