Identification: Plant ID

Discussion in 'Indoor and Greenhouse Plants' started by Katy, Jun 1, 2004.

1. Katy

Katy Member

Hi!

Can anyone help me with this plant. I've got it from a friend, but we don't know it's name. It's definitely a succulent, but i'have looked it up from different books etc but could'n find it. Some people have suggested that it is an overgrown aloe or haworthia species, but I'm not sure, because it's not growing like aloes or hawortias do, even the little ones are trying to grow in lenght not only the mother plant. I have not yet found a plant resembling mine.

Thank you!

Attached Files:

2. CcDry

CcDry Active Member

3. Katy

Katy Member

Thank You for the hint!
    I thought mayself too that it looks a little like h. viscosa but one of my friends said that it could be a aloe "black gem". Any suggestions?

4. raichael

raichael Member

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2004
  5. Katy

Katy Member

Thank You Raichael for suggestion!

I looked photos of c. flacata and that's not it. I don't think it's any of crassulas.
    Possibly my plant is some hybrid of aloe or/and haworthia. I have asked about it from different people and also from botanical gardens elsewhere but with no luck (I still trying ...:))

Katy

6. Honeysuckle

Honeysuckle Active Member

Re: Plant ID - haworthia scabra?

I have a succulent that looks like yours. I don't have a positive id for it yet but the closest match I've found is haworthia scabra. From the Google images of h. viscosa, I wouldn't think that's what it is because all but one photo (that you can't get any info on) shows a very regularly "stacked", dense growth form for it which doesn't match your photo or mine.