Devil's Backbone

Discussion in 'Indoor and Greenhouse Plants' started by bcr8tiv, Dec 27, 2006.

1. bcr8tiv

bcr8tiv Member

I had a plant called a Devil's backbone. I left it out in the sun for too long this summer and it never came back. I have been searching for places to buy a new one but, most of the greenhouses, I went to said, " they don't do special orders and that they never know when and if they will get this plant again." In fact many of them had never heard of this plant. I had this plant for 6 years and think it is quite unique, I really want to have one again. They are great for still-life drawings for my art class. If anyone knows where I can order a plant it would be of great help.

I hope I have the correct name as well. the stem is very crooked, thick much like a succulant, it has small, spade- like leaves that are varigated. Sometimes the leaves turn pinkish. I kept mine as an indoor plant so it only got about 18" tall.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2006
  2. Marn

Marn Active Member 10 Years

you have the right name of it .. i had 2 of them the regular green one and a tri color one .. they are really neat plants .. and i have seen them alot on ebay .. i would check there for that plant ..

Marn

3. Marn

4. bcr8tiv

bcr8tiv Member

Thanks for the heads up. I didn't know where to begin my search on ebay for this plant. I may just put in a bid on on of the plants listed.

5. Marn

your welcome ..
    i really liked that pink one .. :) unfortuneatley i have no more room for any more plants in my house .. i used to have about 80 of them at one time .. yes i am a houseplant nut :) lol....
    but gave up alot of space for aquariums .. fish are so cool to have .. :)

Marn

6. bcr8tiv

bcr8tiv Member

i just placed a bid on the pink one. I hope it is beautiful when it gets delivered.

7. Marn

oh that is cool .. hope you get it and it does look as nice .. let me know ..

Marn