Maple Marvels at Fujiyama (Part Two)

Discussion in 'Maples' started by whis4ey, Nov 18, 2006.

1. whis4ey

whis4ey Well-Known Member 10 Years

This is the follow up, dealing with my maples from Kiri Nishiki to Viridis
    I hope you enjoy it

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 8, 2007
  2. lankyrighty

lankyrighty Member

Very nice.

3. Paddy

Paddy Member

Hi Sam,

I have enjoyed part II of yer marvels very much.There are actually quite a bunch of cultivars that I haven't heard of.It seems like you have a lot of space there at your nursery.
    A question....Viridis looks a lot like the ordinary but still beautifull maple "disectum".Is this the same form or is this name aplyable to all cultivars that look simular like the cultivar " Disectum"The only difference I can see is that the autumn colors are more orange than yellow maybe that is the difference between these 2.

Ahum..onwards to part III and IV? :D

Patrick

4. whis4ey

My understanding is that the name 'Viridis' is being more and more loosely applied to any green dissectum. I also note that recently dissectum is being quoted with a capital 'D' as 'Dissectum' as though it was a standard cultivar
    If I were to keep up to date my yellow plant (autumn colour) would probably be that known as Dissectum and the other that known as Viridis
    I am open to correction by those here who are more knowledgeable
    Thanks for your kind comments
    I have a few others where I didn't consider the photographs to merit inclusion. If I get better pictures next year who knows?????

5. whis4ey

I am pleased to say that there have been very many views of my maples following their inclusion on my website
    The problem for me is that (and I didn't know this before) so many people downloading the videos is costing me a small fortune
    It appears that I have to pay heavily for such usage
    It looks as though I am going to have to suspend their availability after another few weeks, otherwise my winter holiday may have to take a back seat, and the wife might not take too kindly to that happening
    Please therefore enjoy these videos whilst they remain available, and continued thanks for all of your kind comments
    Sam

6. Daniel Mosquin

Daniel Mosquin Paragon of Plants UBC Botanical Garden Forums Administrator Forums Moderator 10 Years

Sam - we can likely figure out a way to host them on the UBC site to keep them available - we (fortunately) don't pay for bandwidth. I might be able to set it up so you can include them as an attachment on your post.

7. whis4ey

That would be fabulous Daniel
    Maybe you can e mail me with any details, and I can upload the videos
    OR maybe you can 'pick them up' from my site?
    Regards

8. Daniel Mosquin

Daniel Mosquin Paragon of Plants UBC Botanical Garden Forums Administrator Forums Moderator 10 Years

See this thread - you can edit your original posts to remove the direct link, and instead upload the files as attachments.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2007
  9. whis4ey

Ok
    I have done that Daniel and it seems grand
    Thanks for your help
    This will save me and my marriage LOL
    Would you consider making the entry 'sticky' so that it doesnt disappear?

10. Daniel Mosquin

Making this thread sticky? Tough to do - there are quite a few sticky threads already.

If some enterprising person wanted to make "Myname's Best of the Maple Forums" or a "Maple Forums FAQ" that included a number of links to various threads (including your videos), I could substitute that one thread as a sticky for a number of other sticky threads, though.

11. whis4ey

hehehe
    I can't think of a more enterprising person than yourself :)

12. whis4ey

Just in case anyone else wants to have a look before these threads disappear