fertilizer and mulch

Discussion in 'Outdoor Tropicals' started by mike b, Jun 14, 2006.

1. mike b

mike b Member

I have around my palms mulched to fertilize with slow release granular palm food do I have to move all the mulch or just sprinkle the fertilizer on top of the mulch????

2. Raakel

Raakel Active Member

Hello Mike,

You can apply a slow release fertilizer on top of the mulch.

Raakel

3. Bandit

Bandit Member

the best thing u can do for you palm is give it 2 tablespoons of ebsonsalt.. or go by the size of your tree.. read the back of the bag.. it will tell you how much..

NOOO i am not kidding.. i was loosing one of my pride and joy palms.. and so i hired a landscaper to save it.. and well i paid him dearly to find out a $1.87 bag of foot soaking salt is all they use.. grrrrr. and its great on roses and lawns and most all plants. and is great on tomatoe plants.. lol

give it a try.. to say the least.. my very very dying palm that was on its last dying breath. is now just wonderful and so pretty and green and just striving..

4. LPN

LPN Well-Known Member 10 Years

For the record (and for those looking) it's called Epsom Salt.

5. Ron B

Ron B Paragon of Plants 10 Years

All granular fertilizers can be just sprinkled on. What to use will depend on what minerals are already in soil.

6. GARYIRYNA

GARYIRYNA Member

MONTE PEGO, COSTA BLANCA, SPAIN Zone 10A or B
    if you have too much sand in your soil, will it kill your palm? it seems palm seedlings are so senitive, and week. its only when they get about 120cm tall, they become stronger. I give my palms tomatoe feed, but wondered is there something better i could use? read this on computer, but dont know if this is true or not?

Tropigrow

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2006