new member's pumpkin picture

Discussion in 'Fruit and Vegetable Gardening' started by Debra Dunaway, Sep 13, 2006.

1. Debra Dunaway

Debra Dunaway Active Member

Hello everyone. I am new here and wanted to try posting something with an attachment. This is my fruit on the 1153 Eaton. It's est wt. is around 600lbs using OTT chart measurements.

Attached Files:

2. Daniel Mosquin

Daniel Mosquin Paragon of Plants UBC Botanical Garden Forums Administrator Forums Moderator 10 Years

That is one big pumpkin.

3. Debra Dunaway

Thank you Daniel. It's still growing..Very time intensive hobby but lots of fun all the same!

4. EnglishGardener

EnglishGardener Member

wow! That sure is a big pumpkin. I wonder if I could grow one that large here in the uk? I would not have thought so.

5. globalist1789

globalist1789 Active Member

I've always wondered... what on earth are you planing to do with THAT much pumpkin!?

6. Debra Dunaway

It sure is possible to grow an AG this size and MUCH larger in the UK! Actually, there was a squash grown there this year over 1000 lbs. (New world record). Check out www.bigpumpkins.com and look under diaries (PUMPKIN MIKE) to see pictures. As for what I am going to be doing with it...well let's just say I'm going fishing in it! lol! They really are not very good for pies! Some growers also sell them to shops/restaurants etc for displays. Thanks for your replies. It really is a fun sport and I have met so many nice people as well from all over the world. Here is an updated picture of it...the 1153. We have one more week to go before the GPC weighoff in Alberta.

Attached Files: