this is the second of Two=Help Again.

Discussion in 'Plants: Identification' started by 66gto, Apr 6, 2004.

1. 66gto

66gto Member

Two attachment again. This is more like a Tree??????!!!!! Living in a 2 foot diameter pot. pictures of the flower that it produces. Help! The base of this look's like a turtle shell ,about 2 foot in diameter.!! Might be in the family ===Dioscorea The picture next to the flower is a leave from the whatever it is. sorry can't get a picture of tree it's located in a prison I work for as a substitute instructor. no pictures ,or camera's allowed. brought the flower,and leaf home. Down in texas.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 6, 2004
  2. Your flower looks like a Pseudobombax ellipticum. I have seen it growing in Hawaii but I had no idea it could be grown to flowering in a small container. It has the common name shaving brush tree.

3. 66gto

66gto Member

whoever unregistered guest

Thank's for the Input I will research your input.Thank's

4. You I.D. this 100% plant accurate,Thank's again.

5. Carol Noel

Carol Noel Member

On the East side of the Big Island of Hawaii...nea
    Common name is Malabar Chestnut and I have been told they are edible in times of famine!

6. really appreciated your input

7. 66gto

66gto Member

Carol thank's for the input. the two are similar.the leaves are rounded,the flower is all white,the base of the tree looks like a turtle shell,think it's the pseudobombax ellipticum found pictures of it and they match to a tee! thank's for your input .66gto