Identification: Plant ID

Discussion in 'Indoor and Greenhouse Plants' started by dock39145, Aug 2, 2006.

1. dock39145

dock39145 Member

Since I posted this I found some pictures on ebay. Item number: 320011536214. On this site they are called epiphyllum. When I look on the internet all I find are ones that have flowers. Mine have never had flowers. Can someone take a look at this item number and tell me if this is the correct name.
    I need some help. I am sorry I do not have pictures to send. A family member gave me a plant last year. It was a cutting off of her plant. It has long flat leaves, they get kind of jagged, not to bad. It grows flat. When one leaf grows out another buds out on either side and then on that leaf another buds on each side. The leaves start getting roots along the middle of them. It looks like it just keeps crisscrossing. If I had pictures I don't know if anyone could tell what it is. My son brought his dog hom from college and he demolished it. The good part is you can stick any piece of it in the dirt and it will start growing. So I have a hundred little pots starting over. I know it does not like cold wheather at all.

2. wild-rose-43

wild-rose-43 Active Member

Epiphyllum appears to be correct for the e-Bay item. Maybe what you have is something totally different. Look at Rhipsalis houlletiana Snowdrop Cactus. Although these bloom as well. Worth a look :)

3. barvinok

barvinok Active Member

Epiphyllum needs witer temperatures 12-15C (56-60F)