Unknown Aloe plant

Discussion in 'Plants: Identification' started by dgsgmiller, Jul 15, 2006.

1. dgsgmiller

dgsgmiller Member

This plant was given to me by a very,very good friend named Trina, here in Clearwater Florida....She gave it to me one day when I said I found it interesting. So she told me to take one of the small ones. I think its some type of Aloe. I want to shere this with her.
    It looks nice, it took about a year to get this tall, and does well with lots of sunshine.

Also as you can see it has off shoots, baby plants on the ends, should I take them off ? to keep it from spreading?
    Semper FI
    DAVID

Attached Files:

2. Chanticleer

Chanticleer Member

This is not an aloe, but rather Kalanchoe gastonis-bonnieri, which I believe was recently re-classified as Bryophyllum gastonis-bonnieri. You could remove the young plants and pot them up, or just leave them as natural ornaments. They don't have the same invasive potential of the related "mother-of-thousands."

3. dgsgmiller

dgsgmiller Member

Chanticleer.......Thanks a lot, you've made a lot of people that have this plant HAPPY .....6 house in all have the plant here in Clearwater FL, and didn't know the name of it. So I'm becoming a life time member of this site becaues of you.
    Thanks ...and Semper Fi.
    dgsgmiller

4. Chanticleer

Chanticleer Member

You're quite welcome; you've made me blush! I only recently began to research the Kalanchoe/Bryophyllum genera while trying to identify one of my own plants, so it's great to see that knowledge has helped so many people. Cheers! :)