Identification: need help identifying

Discussion in 'Indoor and Greenhouse Plants' started by Jillstringer, Jul 2, 2006.

1. Jillstringer

Jillstringer Member

I need help with id of a houseplant I've had for years. I'm unable to send photo at this time so I will do my best to describe. The leaves are thick, dark green, and look as if they have been splattered with white paint. The plant trails and on the 'vine' next to the leaves, clusters of white flowers sprout up. The flowers are tiny, star shaped with a red/pink center. (he plant blooms every two weeks or so) Several people have asked me what kind of plant it is but I have no idea. Any help? Thanks!

2. Joe Keller

Joe Keller Active Member 10 Years

Hoya? Joe

3. Anne Taylor

Anne Taylor Active Member 10 Years

If it's a hoya that blooms every two weeks, I need to get one!
    Anne

4. effle

effle Member

Me too!! No hoya blooms every few weeks. You would be lucky if you had a hoya that bloomed every few years.

I have a beautiful hoya that I'd moved around with me for years. Had it from the 3 inch stage and now it has such bad mealy bugs I put it outside to treat and the sun just about ate it up. I am sad about it.

5. Joe Keller

Perhaps you have a better suggestion without a photo.... Joe

6. wild-rose-43

wild-rose-43 Active Member

Are the leaves large or small, what is the leaf shape? Try to get us a picture if you can, it would help immensely.

7. Jillstringer

Jillstringer Member

The leaves are rather small and almond shaped. I will post a picture by next week.
    Thanks to all for the help and replies!

8. Jillstringer

Jillstringer Member

Hooray!! Joe was right, I just finished looking up photos online of hoya plants and that is in fact the plant. Truly it does bloom every 2-3 weeks, atleast 8 different clusters, sometimes more.

9. Marn

Marn Active Member 10 Years

that is so cool that yours will bloom that often for ya ... what ever you do .. DO NOT move it from were it is .. obviously it loves it there :) just enjoy the blooms .. these are the times that ya wished ya had a digital camera ...lol.. :)

Marn

10. Joe Keller

ahh, sweet vindication. Joe

11. passionflower

passionflower Member

I'd like to know your secret for it to bloom every two weeks-awesome. Believe it or not, I have had this particular hoya plant for 21 years and patience has finally paid off-I have one set of blooms on it for the first time since I got the plant! Hurray!