I need desperate help

Discussion in 'Indoor and Greenhouse Plants' started by Wrenny1, Oct 24, 2005.

1. Wrenny1

Wrenny1 New Member

Hi, i just bought a new venus fly trap and i need to kno a bunch of stuff , like how to care for it and when to feed it how to feed it ect... i need help please!

2. Eric La Fountaine

Eric La Fountaine Contributor Forums Moderator 10 Years

Hi Wrenny1,

Not the easiest plant to grow, but certainly an interesting one. Bog plants have quite different care from the average houseplant. Here is a link with good information on Venus flytrap: Dionaea muscipula

3. carnivorous plant girl!

carnivorous plant girl! Member

Hi! I have been growing vft's since January for a project. I have found that it is important not to water them to much, this will cause them to mold, mold is fatal to most carnivorous plants, the Dionaea in particular. you should rarely feed your Dionaea (once every six weeks if you absoloutely have to), and Do NOT put your fingers in any of the traps, this will cause them to close, and after a trap closes approximately three times, it will die; this is due to a lack of energy. Do not let your plant flower, unless you plan on germinating it (which is quite difficult i might add).
    for more info visit my website: www.virtualsciencefair.org/2006/rosk6e2, or www.sarracenia.com (click on the FAQ link)

4. flytrap

flytrap Active Member

That's a real nice CP (carnivorous plant) website! And Canadian too :-)

I trust you got top marks for your noteworthy effort. Here's another great Canadian carnivorous plant website: http://ocps.proboards78.com/index.cgi It's based out of Ontario...and there are a number of regular contributors to it (from all across our great nation...so it's more of a Canadian based CP forum).

Happy growing all!

5. carnivorous plant girl!

carnivorous plant girl! Member

Thanks FT! That is a really cool site!

6. Tommyr

Tommyr Member

http://www.sarracenia.com/faq.html

Tom