Indoor plant shelf

Discussion in 'Small Space Gardening' started by jessyager, May 20, 2022.

1. jessyager

jessyager New Member

Does anyone know if there are any good led flexible light strip rolls that give good light for plants? I am looking to build a indoor display shelf for some plants like bonsai etc and would like to have a white display light but also it be able to help the plants grow. I have found several strip light options but that limits my size whereas if I can find flexible led rolls that would be ideal. So far the only ones I have been able to find are the ones that have the red and blue spectrum. I am attaching a picture of something similar to what I’m looking to do overall. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you :).

[​IMG]

2. Acerholic

Acerholic Paragon of Plants Forums Moderator VCBF Cherry Scout Maple Society

Good morning and welcome to the forum. I cant answer your question as not in your area, but have noticed your photo did not appear on your posting. It would help members if you can add this.
    Here is a link explaining how to do it.
    Attach photos and files

3. Daniel Mosquin

Daniel Mosquin Paragon of Plants UBC Botanical Garden Forums Administrator Forums Moderator 10 Years

White grow lights that are flexible and LED will be expensive, I am guessing -- since you are now paying for complete spectrum output, even though some of it will be of little use to the plant. It might be why it is difficult to source as a product. The pinkish toned ones don't work because of aesthetics, I'm guessing?