Acer palmatum 'Japanese Princess'

Discussion in 'Acer palmatum cultivars (photos)' started by yweride, Mar 23, 2006.

1. LoverOfMaples

LoverOfMaples Generous Contributor Maple Society

I was there a few weeks ago and almost got stuck because it randomly snowed. It look like it's going to bounce back.

Connor Sullivan likes this.
  2. Acerholic

Acerholic Paragon of Plants Forums Moderator VCBF Cherry Scout Maple Society

That is so sad to see Connor. But I see new pink buds swelling, so in a few weeks all will be well I'm sure.

3. Connor Sullivan

Connor Sullivan Well-Known Member

My lot of Japanese Princesses, although one was labeled Mayday at the nursery it looks no different than the ones labeled Japanese Princess.

They all have that large ruffled serrated leaf... one has fairly bad frost damage, my dads was pretty damaged too by the late Oregon frost.

Attached Files:

Acerholic and LoverOfMaples like this.
  4. Acerholic

Acerholic Paragon of Plants Forums Moderator VCBF Cherry Scout Maple Society

Do you know Connor, I find that Japanese Princess and Mayday look so much the same, I think only the name tags show the difference.
    I am very jealous of you though, Lol.

5. Connor Sullivan

Connor Sullivan Well-Known Member

The first of my Japanese Princess to leaf out, this one came from a greenhouse in March. Already have a number of Japanese Princess but it's just too hard to pass on 29" 2 gallon when you see one at a nursery!!!!

IMG_2633.jpg

Acerholic likes this.