Eric La Fountaine retiring?

Discussion in 'Forum Announcements and Feedback' started by Eric La Fountaine, Jan 20, 2022.

1. Eric La Fountaine

Eric La Fountaine Contributor Forums Moderator 10 Years

Hey All,

I've been kind of quiet for a while. My husband took a new position in San Diego last year. I stayed in Vancouver and worked through last summer, but it is too difficult to keep homes in two countries, so I have left my job at the Garden and have moved to San Diego. We also keep a home in Tucson as we have for 20 years. What a transition for a gardener! From rainy green Vancouver to the Desert Southwest. I really miss the incredible forests of BC, but there is a lot to explore here, so I will try to keep busy. I remain a member of the Forums and will continue to write about my gardening experiences. The Tucson home has 3 acres of land with abundant well water, so I will be able to grow some fruit and vegetables. There are 3 citrus trees and a pomegranate, but only one had good enough irrigation to provide fruit this year. We have collected about 3 bowls full from this lemon.

Attached Files:

maf and AlainK like this.
  2. Frog

Frog Generous Contributor Forums Moderator 10 Years

Wow - big change!
    They say change is good, keeps our brains young and flexible and all that :-)
    I am glad to hear you will still be with us in the Forums Eric, and wish you well on this new adventure :-)

3. wcutler

wcutler Paragon of Plants Forums Moderator VCBF Cherry Scout 10 Years

Georgia Strait likes this.
  4. Daniel Mosquin

Daniel Mosquin Paragon of Plants UBC Botanical Garden Forums Administrator Forums Moderator 10 Years

I'm still pretty bummed about this. I guess I have to make the formal step of shifting you out of a forum admin role. Hope you'll stay on board as a moderator?

It's been such a pleasure working with you and I look forward to seeing you again as travel allows.

wcutler likes this.
  5. Junglekeeper

Junglekeeper Esteemed Contributor 10 Years

Congratulations on your retirement, Eric. Best wishes.

6. Michael F

Michael F Paragon of Plants Forums Moderator 10 Years

Hope you have a nice retirement!

7. togata57

togata57 Generous Contributor 10 Years

Looking forward to reading of your adventures in the Southwest! Please do keep writing.
    What a major change, and how fascinating. Truly, a whole new plant world to discover.
    Perhaps a Carnegiea gigantea in your yard! Or several! Three acres, eh?

Congratulations and best wishes to you both on this new thread of your lives' forum. Happiness and success!