1. vicarious1

vicarious1 Active Member 10 Years

Burnaby North on a slope facing south & a view :-)
    Hi I bought a Two Daturas (the double frilly ones) Angel trumpet purple and white. They are in a 12" pot by a pond and have bloomed nicely but not grown in height. Now they have big balls I presume these are the seeds?
    What can I do with them? Shall I remove them and dry them? I most likely will keep them in an unheated greenhouse over the winter or MUST they come indoors?
    We also have an Yellow single Angel Trumpet bush, that I keep indoors from October and it keeps blooming well into autumn then I over winter it in the basement by an east window and prune it back. The main stem is now like 1 1/2" thick. Its about 1.5 m tall and quite wide in shape. Thank you.

2. Daniel Mosquin

Daniel Mosquin Paragon of Plants UBC Botanical Garden Forums Administrator Forums Moderator 10 Years

Check the roots of the Datura -- some are (botanically) annual. Is it one of these? ‘Frilly Lizard’ (which are, they write, "more or less annual")

3. Jill Woyce

Jill Woyce New Member

Any advice on getting your Datura to flower? I had one this year and it never produced any flowers. I was feeding it pretty heavily as my colleague who gave it to me said it is necessary for flower production.