Citrus tree leaf discoloration - help please!

Discussion in 'Citrus' started by April2021, Jun 8, 2021.

1. April2021

April2021 New Member

Nutrient deficiency or growing medium problem?? Photos attached. The older leaves on my young citrus trees (Gold Nugget and Nova Mandarin and Ponderosa Lemon) all have a mottling of green and white/light yellow. New growth is the usual green until they mature...then they change too. The trees are planted in 1 gal. plastic posts with good drainage in medium size coconut husk chips only - no soil. I use a concentrated liquid citrus fertilizer 5.1-2.5-3.7 diluted in a bucket. I sumberge the whole pot in the bucket until air bubbles stop and then allow to drain. Also have used a slow release 30-10-10? which I am out of.

Do you know what is causing the leaf discoloration? Does my planting medium suffice?

Thanks for your advice!

Attached Files:

2. Will B

Will B Active Member

Looks like stippling from mites. Use a magnifying glass and look really closely at the leaves to see if you can spot any, they are extremely small.

3. April2021

April2021 New Member

Thanks Will B. I could not see anything with my bare eyes but when I looked through a magnifying glass I found very very tiny white specs on the underside of the leaves. I will spray some insecticial soap on tonight.